I stood in the House to respond to statements made by Ministers on 21 of those days. I also spoke in the debate on 16 different pieces of legislation. This included the legislation to address bullying in schools that I have long been advocating for.
I made 4 separate Member Statements recognizing notable people and happenings in St. John's North, including Silver Cross representative Natasha Lucas; Rabbittown Volunteer of the Year Al Dunphy; St. Andrew's Elementary School's Happy, Healthy Heads project; and the O'Brien Farm Foundation.
I stood to present 20 petitions on behalf of all those who sent signed petitions to me. These petitions were as follows:
- 4 petitions asking for the Intensive Applied Behavioural Analysis Program to be extended beyond Grade 3;
- 3 petitions calling for a comprehensive province-wide strategy for autism spectrum disorder;
- 3 petitions calling on government to introduce a full-day kindergarten program;
- 4 petitions asking for changes to the 1.6 kilometer school busing eligibility policy;
- 2 petitions asking government to fully implement the recommendations of the ISSP/Pathways Commission;
- 2 petitions calling for new legislation and regulations to protect workers in hazardous workplaces; and
- 2 petitions requesting that the Early Learning and Care Supplement be extended to all early childhood educators.